Thursday 12 February 2015

First draft at article.

  Nellie released her debut album, 'No one changes me' last week (9 February). To celebrate the success it has already received we put 7 questions to her so we could keep you up to date with her world now.

   How does it feel to have the first indie album to make it to number 1 (on the iTunes download charts) since 2002?
   To be honest it's incredibly over whelming. It's crazy, I just woke up and everyone was suddenly listening to my music. I put so much of myself into this album and it's great to know that it's been excepted so well. To be number 1 so quickly is such an amazing thing to me.

   Does fame and the public effect your music in any way?  
   It provides encouragement and it's inspiring to know that people want to listen to my music. I understand my music is different from others in the chart but I wouldn't change that for anyone. I've worked hard to creat my own style and I intend on keeping it.

  How would you describe your new album to people who have listened to it?
  My style is different, but it's fresh and new. It's contemporary with an indie spin. It's all about the vocals and the words in the songs. I want people to connect with the album on a very personal level. I want the album to effect the way you're feeling when you're listening to it. Music isn't suppose to be easy listening in my opinion.

   Who would you say is your biggest competition at the moment?
   I don't consider anyone as my competition. I make music because its my passion.

  Do you have artists that inspired your work?
  I've always been a big Florence and The Machine fan. I loved her sound and her style. She has always been a role model of mine.

  With the new album completed and out now, are you considering going on tour anytime soon?
  Yes! We are in the middle of arranging the dates. I'm so excited! I love meeting my fans around the world. It's means so much to me to actually see the people who take the time to listen to my music. In a way it's like I'm giving something back to them.

  This is something we ask all artists. What's your favourite song of your album and why?
   I'm so proud of all of them, it's very difficult to say. I guess my favourite would have to be Listen. It's quite upbeat. I loved working on the vocals. The harmonies are slightly different to other tracks. The song is suppose to make you feel almost euphoric. I really hope people like it as much as I did making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment