Sunday 22 February 2015

Draft front cover




 

Based on my questionaire results I have decided to go with a female artist on the cover as I know this is what my audience wants. I want my female artist to be holding a guitar on the cover so people will immediatally see that is it a music magazine. I will also have my artist in indie rock clothing as that is the look I am wanting to creats. The pug next to the image 'country girl takes on city' will be an insight as to what the article is about and will make you want to know more. The caption 'Nellie goes big' allows my audience to know who the artist is and what her article will be based on.  I will have my artist looking straight at the camera as I want the audience to connect with the artist.

The most popular name for my masthead (based from my questtionaire results) was Indie Fusion, so this is what I'll use. Just like other magazine I will put my masthead in the top left hand corner as that is where people look first and it will grab the readers attention. The idea behind it being that it's all types of indie music fusing together. Underneath the masthead will be 'bring indie together' so it helps explain the name and allows people to know the intent of the magazine. To follow the codes and conventions of magazine I will put the date and issue number in the top right hand corner and the barcode along with the price in the bottom left corner.

My cell lines are all artist based. I will have the artists name bigger so it will grab the readers attention. To split up the cell line I will but a rectangle. This will make it more clearer. I have chosen these artist because they are indie and wide spread of genre with in indie.

No comments:

Post a Comment