Friday 7 November 2014

Creating my magazine.



1st Draft
When begining to create my magzine I decided that my draft copies on paper wouldn't be appropriate. I kept my main image and text as well as the image because I felt that it was still a good idea.
When I started to look at creating my masterhead I decided that using key board keys for the title wouldnt be clear enough or bold enough to use as the main title for the cover. I decided that going with a type front would make it a lot more concise. I went with the Blue and Black alternating as I felt they would be regonisable as colours associated with a school magazine.

My image was a picture of a student. I took the photo into photoshop and removed the background. this made a lot more suitable for the front cover. I used a mid shot as it showed more of her face and it was more clear that it was about her.

At this stage I added the banner line in blue to match the masterhaed so that the colour scheme tied in a lot better.
I felt that the the pink of the students t-shirt really added some colour to the cover and made it a lot happier and brighter.

2nd Draft
My next step was then to add my cover lines. I added my text to the left hand side to minimise the use of white space. I decided to use blue again as not only is it highly associated with schools but it is also a very calm and inviting color. The font at this stage was subject to change as at this point I wanted to get the positioning right on the page.

I also repositioned the image more to the right of the page to make a better space for the text. I then added my pug. Originally this was yellow but that looked far too bright for a pug and I changed to blue.

I then changed the shade of blue on the masterhead as I wanted the pug to be a shader of blue brighter than the text to make it more prominent on the page. I changed the shade of blue for the banner as I felt that the darker shade added more depth.
3rd Draft
I used yellow as my color choice for the main image title as I needed it to stand out.
To make it all look better I repositioned the image and the pug on the page. I made them slightly bigger and moved them over to the left a little. I then made the cover line of the main image a little more bigger to make it stand out more.

I then went in and added the rest of my text and repositioned my page again so it looked more like a magazine cover and then I was finished.

Final Magazine Front Cover




No comments:

Post a Comment