Wednesday 6 May 2015

Question 3-What kind of media instituitions might distribute your media product and why?

 I would want my magazine to be part of a group that belongs to the biggest publishing company in Europe which is Bauer. This is because they have 80 brands that are serving 19,000,000 people. Their audience is incredibly big, with an overwhelming 4 out of 10 people experiencing one of their products. Their website state 'Our business is built on many personal relationships with engaged audiences' which is exactly what I want my media product to do.
Bauers huge success and worldwide recognition would give my magazine what it needs to grow. It would give my magazine the support needed from a publishing company that understands the magazine industry incredibly well.
Bauer offers many platforms and with Indie Fusion being a multi-platform product Bauer could make each of my platforms recognised, such as; radio and television. I feel that Bauer is better than other publishing  companies as it would allow my product to be introduced into an already huge fan base giving me that added advantage and attract my target audience. The already publish brands like Q and Mojo, and I feel there is space in the market for an indie/indie rock magazine such as Indie Fusion.

The biggest distributer in the UK is Frontline so this would be who I would want to distribute my magazine. They sell and distribute over 160 magazine titles. This includes 54 of the top 200 selling titles in the UK. They distribute magazines such as Q and Mojo. As Frontline is so successful, it's an easy choice for it to be the distributor of my magazine as they clearly know what they're doing. Frontline also do something different by raising money for good causes and I think having this associated with the magazine would be good and appeal to a larger audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment